In London & Surrey, UK
This treatment is excellent for reducing brown spots from sun damage (solar lentigos) and redness (vascularity). This results in an overall improvement in the skin tone. There will be overall a mild textural improvement as well over time. By regularly performing this treatment (every 6 months) cumulative benefits will be seen
The advantages of Sciton HALO/BBL is that it has a very short recovery period. You can be back to work after a couple of days.
BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
BBL is Broad Band Light. Intense light pulses of a particular wavelength range are absorbed by chromophores within the skin. The light pulses cause destruction of superficial pigmentation such as brown age spots and seal dilated blood vessels. The result is a beautiful evening in the skin tone. The treated skin may mildly flake away but it is possible to wear make-up 2 days after treatment.
This is an ideal low downtime treatment for sun-damaged and pigmented skin. Broad Band Light also has a regenerative effect on dermal fibroblasts and results in reactivation of protein synthesis that mimics younger skin – hence the treatment has been dubbed Sciton Forever Young.
HALO combined with this stimulated tightening and improvent in skin texture and collagen synthesis.
Effects of treatments are prolonged and last for several years. Regular treatment increases the overall effect and ideally this should be repeated between 6 months and once a year for maintenance.
Mild swelling and redness will be experienced for 2-3 days after treatment.
▪ There may be a mild itching sensation following treatment and this can be usually settled with antihistamines.
▪ If any of the above symptoms intensify, your clinician should be notified. A cool compress placed on the area provides comfort. The treated area should be cared for delicately. Limited activity may be advised, as well as, no hot tub, steam, sauna, or shower use.
▪ A mild burning sensation can persist for 48 hours post-treatment.
▪ PIH or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (transient browning or darkening of the skin) is a rare complication of this procedure. Sun protection (SPF 50) should be worn 3 days after the procedure to minimise the risk.
▪ Infection is not usual after treatments; however, herpes simplex virus (cold sore virus) infections around the mouth and face can occur following treatments. This applies to both individuals with a past history of the virus or individuals with no known history. Dr Hussein may recommend a 5-day course of Valaciclovir to reduce the risk.
▪ An allergic reaction is uncommon from treatment (Contact irritant dermatitis). Some persons may have a hive-like appearance in the treated area. Some persons have localized reactions to cosmetics or topical preparations. Caution should be used with cosmetic products, creams and make-up in the first 5 day period after treatment. Stick to gentle soap-free cleansers, fragrance-free moisturiser and mineral make up.
Please adhere to these aftercare instructions following your Sciton HALO & Micropeel treatment.
What you will experience following the treatment:
- You will experience a sensation of heat and following treatment and mild swelling of the face will develop over the next 24 hours.
- The burning sensation takes 24 hours to resolve.
- Over the next three days there will be some mild flaking of the skin.
- Swelling takes up to 48 hours to settle
- Mild itching may be experienced 3 days following the treatment. Dr Hussein will advise on how to manage this.
- At the end of 4 days the skin will almost completely healed but there will be ongoing mild redness for a further few days.
- It will usually be safe to return to a simple skin care and make-up regime from day 3 onwards
Never pick or remove skin flakes or crusts. Allow them to shed naturally. Picking will increase the likelihood of scarring.
Please note the time periods above may vary according to the strength of treatment. For example the duration of crusting may be longer in more aggressive treatments.
You will be issued with a skincare pack containing dermol facewash, Eucerin Aquaphor and a pack of sterile gauze on completion of the procedure.
Dr Hussein will also prescribe Valciclovir (to prevent cold sore virus infection) and Fucibet cream (to help settle itch and irritation). The Valciclovir must be taken morning and evening for one week. Fucibet should only be used if Dr Hussein instructs. There will also be antibiotic tablets and antifungal tablets in the pack that Dr Hussein gives to you. Again these are only to be taken if Dr Hussein instructs.
Skincare day 1 to day 3
It is imperative that you adhere strictly to the following skin care routine after Sciton HALO BBL laser treatment. The skin barrier has been temporarily impaired by the laser. Premature application of your normal skincare products will result in inflammation, irritation, slow healing and may increase the risk of pigmentation problems and/or scarring. You are more susceptible to contact irritant and allergic dermatitis during this first 7 day period.
After the first 3 days have elapsed you must use a sunscreen SPF50 for the following 4 weeks. You must minimize your sun exposure at all times throughout the treatment and for 4 weeks after treatment.
- Wash the face in the morning with Dermol face wash and allow to air dry OR pat dry gently with a clean face towel or clean kitchen roll (DO NOT RUB).
- Apply Eucerin Aquaphor barrier cream to the face. This will protect the skin and stop it from drying out while the epidermal barrier is healing.
- Take any antiviral tablets according to instructions that Dr Hussein may have prescribed. Complete the course of medication.
Throughout the day
- Top up the Eucerin Aquaphor cream at any point when the skin starts to feel dry and tight. This should be at least twice throughout the day. Allowing the skin to become too dry will slow the healing process.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 (and step 3 if your Doctor has prescribed the medication) before going to bed.
Dr Hussein will review you at 2 weeks following treatment but do not hesitate to contact him before this if you need earlier advice/review/information.
Remember to send healing ‘selfie’ photos everyday so that Dr Hussein can monitor your healing. Use the details on the contact card.
- Sciton HALO BBL – £1275 per treatment session