If you have had an injectable microsclerotherapy treatment today, please observe the following:
- It is advisable to undertake mild exercise (e.g. a 30 minute walk or gentle bike ride) twice a day for one week after treatment. This helps the injected veins to constrict and improves the efficacy of the treatment. Please note that exercise should not be too vigorous as this can have a detrimental effect.
- Leave the dressings/cotton balls and tape on until bedtime. If you develop an itching or burning sensation in the area of the dressings please remove them immediately.
- Please wear firm support tights or class 1 thigh length compression stockings immediately after treatment and for up to 7 days following this treatment. This enhances the efficacy of the treatment. If you can tolerate continuous wear for the first 3 days then do so. If this is difficult then remove them at night.
- Avoid hot baths/showers for 7 days after treatment. Use lukewarm water for baths/showers for the first 7 days after treatment.
- Please avoid sun exposure to your legs for the next 6 weeks.
- If you experience any darkening of the injected areas (hyperpigmentation) you must avoid sun exposure for at least 12 months. Please inform your practitioner if this occurs.
- If you have any further questions or experience any undesirable side effects please contact your practitioner as soon as possible for further advice. Please note that if you have any shortness of breath / calf or leg swelling / leg pain it is important to immediately attend your local A&E to exclude a DVT and/or PE.
- Please note that the healing process following microsclerotherapy can take up to several weeks. You may experience tenderness, discolouration, hardening or the development of tiny red spider veins (matting). These conditions will resolve spontaneously but may take a few months.
- When returning for your next treatment, do not shave the legs for at least 24hrs prior to treatment. Do not use any lotion or cream on the legs on the morning of treatment.
- Avoid air travel for four weeks post treatment.
- Please call if you have any further questions. Contact details below.